Grades for an "Advanced Uploading of Files" not Editable by Instructor, even for 1st submissions

Grades for an "Advanced Uploading of Files" not Editable by Instructor, even for 1st submissions

by Aimee Trawick -
Number of replies: 3
Hello!

I'm having an issue with Moodle with the "advanced uploading of files" option. On a particular assignment, 6 students have submitted assignments but only one was able to be graded and then the grading function became locked for the others (as displayed in the image below).

I suspected that perhaps this was due to the students not submitting their "final submission for assignment marking." So what I did was I created a test course trying to recreate the problem but as of yet I have been unable to recreate the error on new assignments. I only run into success when trying to recreate the scenario, it is the strangest thing. But the problem is that the original problem happened in a real course and real students submitted the assignments and so I would prefer to be able to fix the original error if possible.

This is the error that happened on the original non-test course:

Moodle Assignment

Does anyone happen to know what setting could possibly block an assignment from being able to be graded? Thanks so much for reading my question! Please let me know if I need to further clarify anything in my question.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aimee Trawick

Re: Grades for an "Advanced Uploading of Files" not Editable by Instructor, even for 1st submissions

by Gerry Jenkins -
The exact same thing started happening to me today. Is there something magical about Sept 23 2010.

Everything was normal until today.

But now it seems that random students have there previous grades locked. I can't change the grades in the quick view or the update dialog. The pull down is grayed out in the update dialog and the grade is in a gray box in the quick grade mode.

It does not apply to all students. I can't figure out what determines which students are locked.
In reply to Gerry Jenkins

Re: Grades for an "Advanced Uploading of Files" not Editable by Instructor, even for 1st submissions

by ben reynolds -
Take a look at grade locking. I don't know a thing about it except that I've seen other references to similar situations.

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Grade_locking
In reply to ben reynolds

by Aimee Trawick -
I think it does have to do with grade locking. I meant to post a little while ago that I was able to solve my particular issue in the meantime after I posted. I'm not certain that it would solve the other issue mentioned in reply to this post. However, I was able to resolve it by going to the gradebook screen and clicking the "unlock assignment" under the actions section. Then the grading functions became enabled again. Thanks!