Simultaneous login to moodle from another site

Simultaneous login to moodle from another site

by Miloš Bošković -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I have already posted this in another topic, but I decided to create a new thread. We really need help with these so we'd appreciate it very much.

I am part of team who's working on a social networking e-learning website. We already have a social networking site of our own, developed pretty well, and what we now want is to add moodle to it.

We managed to implement it through iframe, and now we want single login (using moodle's external login).

We have merged two databases, and we're also using external login option, so that we can log on to moodle with our site's username and pass, which is working quite well.

What we now want is to enable login at one place (cause right now we have to log in with same user and pass first on our site and then on moodle). We want to login on our index page (social site's first page), and then automatically login to moodle.

We tried using "Alternate login URL" which states that "the page should contain a form which returns fields username and password". This means that we should input credentials and go directly to moodle, which is unacceptable for us, because we have login.php file of our own. So what we had in mind is to include "moodle/login/index.php" in our login.php file, hoping that it would work. Unfortunately, it doesn't - we manage to log on to our site, but we still need to log on to moodle separately.

Any idea how to solve this problem? If you need any additional information, I'd be happy to provide it.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miloš Bošković

Re: Simultaneous login to moodle from another site

by SVI eSolutions -

Hi there,

I was wondering if you ever managed to login to moodle after loging-in in aonther site?  I am wanting to do the same thing but can not find any information on the subject.

Thanks,

alex

In reply to SVI eSolutions

Απάντηση: Re: Simultaneous login to moodle from another site

by Ilona El -

Hi everyone!

Did anybody find a solution to the problem mentioned? I need to do the same thing and I haven't found something through the forum's topics.

Thanks!

In reply to Ilona El

by Mitesh Maheta -

Just playing around with the Remote Login (External Login), and I've attached a sample with simplified code in it.

LOGIN CODE

<form action="http://moodle.org/login/index.php" target="_self" method="post" name="form" id="form">

Username:<input type="text" name="username" size="15" /> <br>

Password:<input type="password" name="password" size="15" /> <br>

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Login" /> <br><br>

</form>

apply this code. it will help you all a lot.

instead moodle.org give your own site name

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mitesh Maheta

by Darshan N -

I am sorry but your method doesnt seem to work in my case.

I want to directly login to moodle using my website.

In reply to Miloš Bošković

by Rosario Carcò -

Hi all,

use/implement shibboleth login. We use it country-wide in Switzerland to log into EVERY possible web-platform offered by every swiss university. As soon as you have been logged in you can change to any other web-platform/application without being asked for your credentials again. So you need to log in only once per internet browser session!

I posted some ideas in the forums here already (search for them please). See on my site how it looks like: https://moodle.fhnw.ch (it is called switch AAI with a blue login button. And it can be used concurrently to the local Moodle login.)

Rosario