Donating to Quizport

Donating to Quizport

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 10
Hi Glenys, Jeff, Gordon, Everyone,

I started a new thread because I got most confused looking for Glenys' post about Paypal until I realised it was in my thread about Quizport results!

Thanks for the information Glenys. Gordon, could you confirm that completing the optional information info. in Paypal will suffice? Can we tell Moodle who the money should go to? Or would you prefer we use a more direct method?

Deborah
Attachment paypal.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Donating to Quizport

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Deborah and everyone,

You're quite right, Deborah, to start a new discussion thread. It's clearer this way.

I suggested using PayPal because of what Martin D. wrote :

Martin Dougiamas - Friday, 27 October 2006, 05:20 PM
Group Core DevelopersGroup Documentation WritersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers
It would be great for those using Hotpot to help Gordon out here.

Secondly by offering Gordon your financial support. So far he's been working on Hotpot totally in his own limited time and it would really help him (and you, if you use hotpot) if you can help fund his activities.

I've been planning a big Moodle funding drive for some time, but have been struggling with good processes to distribute raised funds to various programmers. We need some sort of system that tracks payees etc... I don't know of one (and haven't had time to build one).

Until then, if you want to donate directly towards Gordon's work I'm happy to collect all Paypal donations sent to payment@moodle.com with "Hotpot" in the comments and bank transfer them to Gordon, if that helps.

I also think it's useful for Moodle HQ to know that there are people so appreciative of Gordon's work that they're willing to put their hands in their pockets. (I studied politics at university - Machiavelli and all that, wink)

I'll add my screenshot here so people can see where to add the essential comment.

Cheers,
Glenys
Attachment 19-09-2010_17-38-58.png
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Wow, thank you very much everybody approve

I think this method will work well. The sample message that Glenys wrote is very clear.

I'm over the moon !
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deborah Delin -

Thanks very much for confirming that this is the correct method Gordon.

Here is what Glenys wrote again then (so that it's in this thread too):

• Go to http://moodle.org/donations/
  • Assuming you use PayPal, click on Optional Information or Notes to say what you want done with the money.

Deborah

by henny jellema -
Hoi Deb,

What if you don't have a Pay Pal account?
I just donated $ 50, 00 but it went to Moodle HQ I'm afraid....
That is just not too bad ( they have been good to me), but if anyone should get a donation from me, it should be Gordon Bateson.

Hgv, Henny

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi All,

I just put in another donation "Please forward to Gordon Bateson for his work on Hotpotatoes, QuizPort, and Taskchain." I have been quiet on the board but use QuizPort all the time in Moodle 1.9. Kids ask "Will there be a QuizPort on this?"

Thanks Gordon.

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you very much for the kind donation Jeff approve

I am glad to hear QuizPort is continuing to work well for you and you students. At some point, I hope I will have a chance to hear you talk about how you use QuizPort.

happy holidays!
Gordon

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Glenys Hanson -

Thanks Jeff for reminding us that this is prezzie time - and not just for the family. wink

Happy holidays to to those that have them - and happy work to those that don't take holdidays.

Glenys

by henny jellema -
As soon as I want to log in for Pay Pal (donations on the Moodle site) my PayPal pw is not recognized and I cannot get any further.
Anybody the same experience and what can be done?
Hgv, Henny
In reply to henny jellema

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Henny,

the donation directly to my email (gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen gu dot ac dot jp) via PayPal got through no problem. Thank you so much !!

Very encouraging smile

best regards
Gordon

by henny jellema -
Yes, can you believe it!
Since Debarah wrote about the donations, I was struggling with that Moodle form and just this rainy afternoon on Easter Monday ( which is a traditional holiday here) I simply thought: "Why not the easy way?"
And it works that VERY simple.

So for everybody who (like me) thinks that the Moodle hotpot module and Quizport is making this world a better place, all you need is Gordon's e-mail address.

Hgv, Henny