Resources, activities or events scheduled for individual users

Resources, activities or events scheduled for individual users

by Ross Hume -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,
Is it possible to schedule *any* kind of learning activity/resource on a per-student basis?
My aim is to deliver one-to-one web conferences between a tutor and individual learners, with the tutor defining different dates and times for the conference with each learner.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything that would suggest it is possible to limit resources in this way, but surely someone has done it before?

Any help or pointers would be great.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross Hume

Re: Resources, activities or events scheduled for individual users

by Aaron Wells -
The Face to Face module lets you schedule a specific date and time for meetings between students and instructors, though it's intended for in-person meetings rather than web conferences.
In reply to Ross Hume

Re: Resources, activities or events scheduled for individual users

by Ross Hume -
Thanks for your input so far.
I'll take a closer look at the face-to-face activity, although at first glance it looks like it might be quite a lot of work to customise it to what I need.

Another option I'm working on is using the Groupings system, with each user being in their own group *and* their own grouping. Activities can be limited to groupings, and events to groups, so if that group/grouping pair only represents one learner then you have a pseudo-personalised setup.

The main issues with this option are a) needing to hook into the user management functions to handle the personalised groups/groupings and b) any performance issues that may arise.

If anyone who has more than my tiny knowledge of Moodle can spot anything obvious that I'm missing then please speak up!