Strange scoring..

Re: Strange scoring..

by brian avery -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I'm using 1.9.9+ which I think is the latest.

No, I don't use the practice lesson option for now because nothing is live, per se. I create, then either log out and play with it as a student to see how it feels or switch roles. I confess to switching most often.

I must admit I hadn't paid close attention to scoring until recently when I decided I had done enough playing and needed to start producing - so gave everything a close look before proceeding.

The jumps and so on I have no problem with. Likewise the scoring concepts - my problem was I didn't know it was all or nothing in matching. Now I do, so I know to leave alone! If I can see logic, I can usually follow it. I have problems when logic can't be applied! Sometimes it feels like I have a manual with pages 1-21 and 23-50 but what I need is on page 22...but in order to work out what to do I first have to learn to write latin in the style of Davinci..

Your explanation is helpful. Today I arrived at a lesson early and had an hour without a newspaper in Parco Sempione in Milan. With a clear head I wrote down the abilities and limitations I am aware of in moodle and other progs, then what I needed to achieve. I think I have found a way to thread everything together, so...tonight I will give it a go and see if it purrs or bites my hand again!

Maybe it exists, but I think it would help those who are new to moodle if there were a simple crib sheet outlining the modules and explaining what they will and won't do, maybe with links to relevant forum posts or docs.

You know, something like:
Shelves can be used to store stable objects like books, flowerpots, statuettes and unwanted ex-girlfriends upon. Shelves can also be adapted to serve as playgrounds for cats provided valuable items are first removed. Shelves cannot store items more than 30% wider than the shelf depth nor weighing more than 90Kg. For unstable loads see (a) basements and (b) handcuffs.

Both values would be useful. One to avoid wasted time, the other as a guide for those who need to solve a problem and need to know which tool fits. Reading all the moodle docs is enough to give Stephen Hawking a headache especially if you are starting out with the question 'how do I do..."

As and when I've learned enough of the oddities and created my school, perhaps it's something I'll do if it doesn't exist.

Anyway, thank you for your response!
Brian