Missing File Extensions

Missing File Extensions

by Bryan Smith -
Number of replies: 3
Our district is new to Moodle and we are experiencing a strange problem.

Our instructors are uploading supporting documents and files for their classes, such as word, excel and pdf. At some point something is removing their file extensions along the way. I'm curious if anyone has experianced, I welcome any ideas at this point.

Basic overview of our setup

1 load balancer
2 web servers running Ubuntu 10 Server
1 SLES file server, where the files are stored.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Smith

Re: Missing File Extensions

by Donna Hrynkiw -

We're in the process of testing Moodle 2.0 and one of our test faculty is experiencing this issue -- somewhere in the upload process the file extension is being stripped from the file name. We don't think it's a hardware issue, but this is where the original query was posted.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on, or pointers where this might be being discussed?

Hrynkiw
Kwantlen Polytechnic

In reply to Donna Hrynkiw

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
|are you testing the very latest version of Moodle 2.0? From the last couple of weeks or so? Because there was an issue- might not be related to yours - where if you renamed a file and didn't add its extension, it would not display. But that has been fixed I believe. Is your problem happening even without renaming the file when uploading?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Donna Hrynkiw -

Would that be MDL-25215? Yeah, we saw that issue in the Bug Tracker.

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-25215 File extension lost when using "Save As" field

But our Faculty says that she's not renaming the file at all, just uploading it. We're just starting our investigation and will report back -- probably on the Tracker.

Thanks for replying.