Changing the name of Browse...

Changing the name of Browse...

by Larry Elchuck -
Number of replies: 6
I am wanting to change the name of the "Browse" button that appears when one wants to add a picture to his or her profile to reflect the language they are operating within.

I have searched the htm code, and the database but can not see where to change it. It does not appear to be controlled by the Browse term found in lang/en_utf8/editor.php.

Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Elchuck

Re: Changing the name of Browse...

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Try to find the string in lang/en_utf8/moodle.php or admin.php. Make changes in Moodle language administration so a local language version is created with your changes that can't be overwritten during language package update.
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Larry Elchuck -
Thanks Ralf

It is not in either location .... Browse by itself only occurs within the editor.php file and wiki.php

by Tan Dai Nguyen -
Hi Larry,

You can't change the "Browse" button's name at the Moodle level (or all others softwares installed on your computer), because it depends on your operating system's language.

Regards.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tan Dai Nguyen

by Robert Brenstein -
To clarify that a bit further: the function to upload files, that is the field and button, is produced locally by the browser, using functionality and language of the operating system. In other words, this happens outside control of Moodle and can result in funky language combinations.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Larry Elchuck -
Thanks guys ... Thought I had Moodle fairly well cased wrt locating things like this ... Glad it was not something I missed in Moodle itself

So if a user is operating in (eg) Turkish, the word Browse should appear fine for that user in the language of their browser.

cheers
larry

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The word "Browse ..." will appear in the same language that is used for the rest of the web browser's interface. (For example, the "File", "Edit", "View", ... etc. menus names in the browser's menubar.)