Internal Mail Beta 1 Released.

Internal Mail Beta 1 Released.

par Ludo (Marc Alier),
Nombre de réponses : 9

Hi,

I have relased the beta 1 of the new internal mail module, you can find it in the CVS contrib/internalmail directory. I also atach here rar file. I'm sorry but yet we only have documentation in spanish. Translations are most wellcome.

I'm lookingf forward  for your comments and suggestions.

May the force be with yall.

Marc

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Internal Mail Beta 1 Released.

par Ludo (Marc Alier),

Hi,
Vey quick install instructions: the module is instlled by copying
the mod, lang and blocks directories in the moodle instalation directoy, enter in teh admin page, and have fun clin d’œil )

Version Notes.
---------------------
Limitations:
Works only with MYSQL Database.
Install instructions only available in spanisth (translations are most wellcome)
Languages implemented : English, Spanish, Catalan (translations are most wellcome)
Still not implemented backup and restore functionalities.

The files in the CVS : http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/moodle/contrib/internalmail/#dirlist

Cheers

Marc

par Darren Smith,

Is this OK to use in 1.4.2???

I tried on my test server running 1.5 but got:

Block simplemail_information is an old style block and needs to be updated by a programmer.

En réponse à Darren Smith

par Ludo (Marc Alier),

Sorry, we have developed it for 1.4.2. In nex version we'll update to 1.5 issues. Thank you for the advice.

Ludo

par Darren Smith,

Excellent work big grin

I have come up with some rough and ready set up instructions as I couldn't find any in English (this is for after the installation of the blocks, mods, langs):

1. On the site front page choose turn editing on
  2. Choose add an activity and then pick simplemail
  3. Call it something like moodle internal email and press save
  4. You are now presented with your email system.
  5. In here go to administration to set up who is allowed an email account

If you want to give users a separate inbox per course (and this could be really useful for teachers) then in each course you need to add simplemail as a resource somewhere and add then block also (the block shows messages in your inbox)

I did notice a couple of things which may not be fully accurate in translation to english.

Inbox > History > event > Readed should be Read  ????

In the help file I noticed a word which should have been destination ??

In traffic Cursos should be courses ???

The simple mail icon is broken doesnt seem to be linked to the images folder.

The only feature request I would have would be It would be nice if you could mark emails as unread after you have read them so you can keep them as a reminder.

Thank you very much

Darren

En réponse à Darren Smith

par Ludo (Marc Alier),

Thank you Darren for your translating contribution and suggestions.

I'll integrate your expanded instruction sinto the readme file in the CVS and we'll update your linguistic suggestions.

We wish this module to be as much usefull as is possible and we need all your testing and feedback. Thanks again.

Ludo

par Darren Smith,

Hello again

I have been using the system a little more and think it's great big grin

I liked the idea of a person filter view as I think the dialogue is an excellent tool.

A couple of minor issues occured to me:

• Could it default to the inbox rather than sent items opening screen (or set a preference somewhere)?
  • Could the sent emails loose their bold formatting, change to italic, change colour or whatever when the other person has read your message (similar to the instant_message block) 
  • When replying could the previous message be included (or again as a preference)

I don't know how easy these would be but hopefully food for thought smile

Thanks for your time

Darren

par Jay S,
May I say that this mod may not be as useful as Dialogue. Dialogue is like a email organizer. All of your emails for a user is in one place.