Need to edit this phrase "This course does not allow public access"

Re: Need to edit this phrase "This course does not allow public access"

by Rik Hall -
Number of replies: 0
Grettings

We are using Moodle 1.9.7 I am trying to edit a few phrases in Moodle.php using the Language Editing interface.

I want to make some chaged on teh page where Professors request a new course to be created.

I have successfully changed:
"Reasons for wanting this course"
to
"Year and semester(s) being offered"

and

"Supporting information to help the administrator evaluate th ..."
to
"Supporting information to help the administrator complete th ..."

OK - those have changed and look fine. But, when I try and change the defaultcoursefullname and defaultcoursehortname it does not change.

When I click on Check for untranslated words or phrases I get the following:

The following strings are not defined in /var/www/moodle/lang/en_utf8/moodle.php// $string['courserequestreason'] = "Reasons for wanting this course"; // differs from the translation in _local // $string['courserequestsupport'] = "Supporting information to help the administrator evaluate th ..."; // differs from the translation in _local // $string['defaultcoursefullname'] = "09S2 ANTH-1013-A - Intro to..."; // differs from the translation in _local // $string['defaultcourseshortname'] = "09S2_ANTH_1013_A"; // differs from the translation in _local
Suggestions as to how I can change those defaultnames and get rid of the message saying

"
The following strings are not defined in /var/www/moodle/lang/en_utf8/moodle.php"

Many thanks.

Rik