Custom Scoring Algorithm?

Custom Scoring Algorithm?

by Paul Henry -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I'm working with the local school district in my city to run a state-wide Computer Science Contest in the cloud, and it is being run under the UIL, in Texas, rules. The contest has two parts, one is a written part, which will be a quiz in Moodle, and the other is a programming part, which is done using PC^2, by Sacramento State Univ.

My question is this; What would be the best way to implement a different scoring algorithm? Or can it be implemented in the quiz module as it is?

Here's the rules:

On a written exam, six points are awarded for each correct answer, and two points are deducted for each incorrect answer. No points are given or deducted for unanswered questions.

I am a developer, so I could probably code it myself, so I'm just looking for pointers or recommendations.

-Paul
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Henry

Re: Custom Scoring Algorithm?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What sort of questions are they? (What question types)

Anyway, it is not possible in Moodle yet. The patches on MDL-1647 may give you some clues about how to hack it.

A proper solution is coming in the future. See Development:Question_Engine_2 if you are interested.