Backup restore improve proposal: choosing topics summary

Backup restore improve proposal: choosing topics summary

by José Miguel Andonegi -
Number of replies: 4
Hi!

We use Backup and Restore as a tool for sharing resources and activities among teachers, but it seems that there is no way to choose the inclusion of topic summary.

We have solved the problem inserting the topic title in a label instead of editing section summary, but it would be great to choose the inclusion of each topic summary in backup/restore/import the same way as resources and activities.

Anybody supports this proposal? sonrisa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to José Miguel Andonegi

Re: Backup restore improve proposal: choosing topics summary

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jose,

You'll be pleased to hear that you can backup and restore topic summaries in Moodle 2.0. You can check things out on our Moodle QA testing site.
In reply to Helen Foster

Pleased to hear about it! sonrisa

I have tested backup in testing site. It's great to perform backup step by step. I've not been able to find the option about topic summaries. sonrojado In witch step is it? I would like to know if it is possible to choose each section summary individually.

It would be perfect if it could be backported to 1.9 guiño

In reply to José Miguel Andonegi

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You should be able to select section summaries in the second step of the backup process (see attached screenshot taken when backing up the Features Demo course).

I'm assuming that the section summary is backed up together with the section name, but I've not yet had chance to test it. If this is not the case, please make sure that the problem is reported in the Moodle Tracker.
Attachment backup_schema_settings.png
In reply to Helen Foster

Hi Helen!

I didn't realize that "Assignments" was a section. I thought it was the kind of activity, as in 1.9

It' great to see resources and activities ordered by sections.

Thanks for the information!sonrisa