Is the Progress tracking feature still going to be included en Moodle 2.0?

Is the Progress tracking feature still going to be included en Moodle 2.0?

by Juan Moreno -
Number of replies: 4
Hi I read that a progress tracking feature was to be included en the next release of Moodle version 2.0. I read information about it in the following article:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development_talk:Progress_tracking

Now I´ve been looking through the Moodle 2.0 Release Notes and I don´t see this feature explicitly mentioned here http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_2.0_release_notes

Is it because this is not a major feature and therefore it doesn´t get explicit mention, or is it because it has been postponed?

Thank you,
In reply to Juan Moreno

Re: Is the Progress tracking feature still going to be included en Moodle 2.0?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yes it is included - activity completion and course completion are the terms I think they are called now
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Juan Moreno -
Oh thank you this is great news.

We´re looking at a potential client and this is a feature which that they specifically wanted.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paul Ganderton -
This is going to be a great feature and one that I'll use as will many colleagues in our system. Do you know how it links (if it does) to conditional activities?
In reply to Paul Ganderton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes it does link to conditional activities because, for example, you can set something so that a student can only get to activity B once they have completed satisfactorily activity A. With activity completion enabled, once the student has competed activity A then a green tick will appear to show the student it is completed.(and then Activity B will become available) You can set activity completion to be manual or automatic - if it is manual then the student can manually mark it as complete. Likewise activity completion is linked to course completion because a course can be set to be marked complete if a certain number of activities are complete according to criteria set.