Repeat links to same glossary

Repeat links to same glossary

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

In a five-topic course, I'd like there to be a link at the end of each topic to the same "master" glossary. The aim is to encourage students to add their key words from each topic as we progress.

How do I link to the same glossary? If I add a glossary for each topic, then collating the master glossary requires importing/exporting -- not at all what I need to do.

I see the suggestion here is plausible, but where is the html for the master glossary?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: Repeat links to same glossary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

Any resource or activity in a Moodle course can be linked to in the following way.

1. Select the icon and name and link of the original activity (e.g. a glossary instance).
  2. Right click and select "Copy" in your browser's contextual menu.
  3. Under the topic where you want a link to that activity, create a Label resource.
  4. In the Label text, copy the icon and name and link of the activity..
  5. You may have to remove the (invisible) bullet that you have copied in step #1.
  6. Save.

Et voila!

Please be aware that if you make a backup of your course and restore to a different platform, those relative links you have copied will no longer work.

Joseph

Attachment image01.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Repeat links to same glossary

by David Dunn -
Alors là ...!

*epoustouflé*

Thanks a lot! big grin