What do you think about being monitored by your teachers?

What do you think about being monitored by your teachers?

by Laura Curran -
Number of replies: 5
Please be sensible with your posts. Remember I will see all of them!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Curran

Re: What do you think about being monitored by your teachers?

by Russell Waldron -
Are your students aware that many people they don't know will see their posts if they reply here?
In reply to Laura Curran

by Ryan Chadwick -
I think a better question may be:
How do you feel about your posts being seen by the whole world?

--
Creativitygames.net - join the creative thinking revolution.
In reply to Ryan Chadwick

by Russell Waldron -
Thanks Ryan. You expressed that much better.
In reply to Russell Waldron

by Laura Curran -

Hello Russell and Ryan

I am new to using Moodle and obviously I have mistaken how to use the social forum. We do not have Moodle as a school and I wanted my Year 7 students to see how an online forum discussion coudl be used. It is very clever to make glib remarks about another person when you don't know the context that the forum was set in. Perhaps both of you would help me better if you could explain what I should do rather than adding remarks to the forum.

Regards

Laura Curran

In reply to Laura Curran

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Laura. I expect you will have been given some private help by now; I am sorry if you were offended by any remarks; nobody meant any harm - it does occasionally happen that people don't see the warning notice "this is not your school!" when they create an account here and so misunderstandings arise when teachers use this forum for their students. Fortunately (unlike previous instances) none of your students has posted here. I suggest you google for free Moodle hosting and try setting up your own Moodle (a regular class teacher can have their own installation of Moodle easily this way) If it's a success then you can think of getting your whole school to use it and maybe having a more official paid hosting set up. Good lucksmile
Average of ratings: Cool (1)