User Report dropdown shows no users while grader report does

User Report dropdown shows no users while grader report does

by Arnold Lamont -
Number of replies: 14
Hi Everyone,
Among all my courses on my moodle site, there is one which has 8 students and about 50 sets of grades.

I am administrator of the site.

In this course I can view the results of all students in the Gradebook under the Grader Report.

However, if I choose from the dropdown box the option to view the 'User Report', then no students are available in the dropdownlist. I can choose no-one as they aren't available in the dropdown box.

My mentor's cant view the user reports of their students either.

All my other courses seem to work normally.

Please assist.

Regards
Arnold
In reply to Arnold Lamont

Re: User Report dropdown shows no users while grader report does

by Bob Puffer -
What version of Moodle are you using?
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Arnold Lamont -

by Bob Puffer -
Do you have another role for this course? I've seen admin privileges limited when I take the instructor role at times. Presuming your Moodle code doesn't contain any anomalies I'd suggest that inability to view the User report has to be getting limited by permissions.

Is this a regular course or a meta-course?
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Arnold Lamont -
Hi Bob,
Thanks for responding. I did have a role of Course Creator as well in the course. However, I then logged in as the Admin user (who does not have other roles in the course) and I still cannot see the list of users in the gradebook under user reports.

This is a child course of a meta course.

A question from my side: Where would anomalies in the Moodle code lie? I have just moved my site from one service provider to another. Perhaps one of the backups was slightly erratic?

by Bob Puffer -
Hi Arnold,
I'll have to say this one is a stump. 'bout the only suggestion I could make is to backup and restore the course and see what results you get. The restored course would no longer be the child of a meta course.

As far as code anomalies, they could be anywhere in the grade tree ($CFG->dirroot/grade). If you have another copy of the version you're using you might choose to replace the code and see if that works. I'd start with the grade/gradelib.php.

by Arnold Lamont -
HI Everyone,

I have subsequently found that the students can see their own student report perfectly. Furthermore, If I as Admin, log in as the student, then I too can see the student report perfectly.

My problem is merely that while I am in my own or admin role, I cannot view any user reports as the drop down list remains zero.

Any ideas?
Arnold

by Bob Puffer -
Site administration->Users->Permissions->Define roles:: edit the admin role to be able "View grades of other users". Be sure to save your changes.
In reply to Bob Puffer

by jay huff -

I'm having this same issue, and I checked the setting mentioned above and its correct?  Anyone with any further ideas??

In reply to jay huff

by Karla Bright -

I was wondering if you have figured this out?  I to have one instructor whose students don't show up in the User Report section.  You can see them all in the Grader Report but they don't show up in the drop down box for the user reports.  I can't see them as the administrator either but, I can see them in other courses it seems that it is just these two courses.

Thanks,
Karla Bright

In reply to Karla Bright

by Helen Brennagh -

Hi all,

I had the same problem today where students did not show up in the User Report section. I realised that the Course Total column showed 'error' in all of the rows and the formula behind the Course Total was incorrect. Once I had fixed the error, the students appeared in the drop down box.

Hope this helps,

Helen

In reply to Helen Brennagh

by Linda Raymond-Hagen -

Thanks for informatiion.  I also found that I could not export the grades and by fixing the course total - it solved both issues.

In reply to Helen Brennagh

by Donna Hrynkiw -

Helen, I know it's been two years+ since you posted this fix, but it just saved my bacon today and I wanted to thank you.

(Moodle v2.2)

I love the Moodle forums. Love-love-love.