SCORM - Audio problem, help needed

SCORM - Audio problem, help needed

by Mikko Turunen -
Number of replies: 4
Hello all,

I am finalizing a huge language learning website using Hot Potatoes and Moodle by putting together multimedia and exercises. My problem is that the audio player is not visible in the SCORM output. The code is from niftyplayer, thus:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="165" height="38" id="niftyPlayer1" align="">
<param name=movie value="niftyplayer.swf?file=betty.mp3&as=1">
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name=bgcolor value=#FFFFFF>
<embed src="niftyplayer.swf?file=betty.mp3&as=1" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF width="165" height="38" name="niftyPlayer1" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</embed>
</object>

I was told that the problem is the ?-symbol that Moodle cannot handle. I have 3000 audio files coded like this. How can I get around this? Picture about this is attached.

All help is hugely appreciated!

Best wishes,

Mikko Turunen
FINLAND
Attachment audioerror.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mikko Turunen

Re: SCORM - Audio problem, help needed

by Amy Groshek -
Hi Mikko,

It's unlikely that Moodle is having a problem with the question mark in the URL, as many multimedia filters in Moodle accept query string arguments (after the ? symbol). And also because this content isn't even in Moodle's htmlarea field, but in its own HTML files.

What's more likely is that the imsmanifest.xml does not include the audio player for some reason, or the player file is not actually there in the SCORM package. Have you ruled out both of these issues?

Regards,
Amy
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Mikko Turunen -
I can see the player just fine offline as part of the manifest (Reload preview). The player is there for sure. There are about 1000 files with this the case. I was given a hint about the question mark from a guy from a Finnish Moodle developer company. Something about Moodle file management system not being able to handle some special symbols in the code. Not that it is the ultimate truth, but when we added a
FlashVars code to replace the question mark it was voila. Now the thing is, is that the easiest solution, because I would need to do that 1000 times!

Best wishes,

Mikko Turunen
Tampere-Finland

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
could be the naming of your querystring attributes - I've seen that becoming a problem in the past - try renaming it from "file=" to something more specific like "niftyfile="

all files loaded go via the standard Moodle file handlers so if you use the same attribute names the file handler in Moodle can get confused.

by Luis De La Cruz -

Mikko i have this problem do you resolve in any time this.