I hoping one or two or three of you wonderful Moodlers out there will be able to help me. I am creating a course (Moodle 1.9) that will be offered in 5 languages (English, Spanish, Russian, French, and Arabic). I see the certificate pack comes with English and Spanish but I need to find Russian, French and Arabic if possible. I'm thinking it would probably be easier to just create a border image with the text I need and print the course title in English (since that's how it appears regardless) but just thought I would ask.
Long story short, if anyone has created a Russian, Arabic, or French language pack for the certificate I'd love to be able to use it if possible.
Have you found a way to issue a certificate in Arabic? We are running a course in Arabic and it would be great if we could issue the certificates to students in Arabic.
what about do it yourself and afterwards sharing with others? So do I - unfortunately I don´t speak Arabic
You just have to translate 'certificate.php' - there about 150 strings and if you want help files too; create your own language package, your signatures and so on...
BTW: Open source/open content... is not only take but also give!
Most definitely willing to contribute. But the problem am facing is how to make php write a pdf in arabic. I have the strings in arabic script ready but am working on making pdf print it. Help please!
Nope does not work in any of the browsers. I wonder if its an encoding issue while writing to the pdf. I tried UTF-8 and ISO-8859-6. Both didnt work. Any ideas?
Thank you for the idea but unfortunately I checked that too. The database is set to utf8_general_ci.
I am moodle 1.9.11 and it doesnt have that file.(lib/dmlib.php)
The only file i see similar to that is lib/dmllib.php and it doesnt have the utf8 code in it. It has this:
The database has been on utf8 since the beginning since we have translate the course into arabic but just the certificate wont work!
We have certificates working correctly in Russian and other languages, but not in Arabic. Each course is forced to the target language and displays correctly.
My take on this is that Arabic is a 'right-to-left' language, which the PDF routine isn't able to handle.
If anyone has been down this route already, let me know.