Grade book not updating for every student in course

Grade book not updating for every student in course

by Chris Brownfield -
Number of replies: 5
We have a teacher that when he goes into update some student grades, clicks update, assigns a grade then clicks Save Changes it doesn't always show up. Some students this works fine others we get nothing.

Also we can setup the student's grade, click the Save Changes, the submissions page will display nothing (last modified by teacher is updated and there is stuff in the comment section), but if we select "Save all my feedback" on the submissions page then all the comments/grades are lost.

If we back out of the submissions page then go back in we can see the grade.

This only occurs on some students not all.

Any help would be much appreciated.
In reply to Chris Brownfield

Re: Grade book not updating for every student in course

by Andrew Davis -
That's odd. What version of Moodle are you using? Are you able to turn on debugging? Here's how you do that http://docs.moodle.org/en/Debugging

by Elena Ivanova -
Chris,
I think you are talking about grading area in the Assignment tool, and not about the gradebook (Administration > grades). Correct?

I think that you teacher may be jumping from one browser window to another. And the same can be true with your second issue.

You should disable Quick Grading feature in the Assignment area, imho.
This one quite often confuses users here, as they override by accident their own feedback by mixing two grading possibilities.

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Chris Brownfield -
Thank you for your reply.

I am currently trying to figure out how to turn off Quick Grading. I am very new to moodle world and trying to teach myself moodle with 2.0.

I don't he is switching from one window to another as he only has one IE window open at a time (except for the popup that displays when he clicks update to type in his comments and add the grade). I know for sure he is only adding one grade at a time. Plus this works on half the class as is.

by Elena Ivanova -
You can find that if you go to the assignment grading area, and uncheck the Quick Grading checkbox there (this needs to be done by user individually).

Another thing that can happen: instructor would grade in that pop-up, and then do not save there by clicking Save Changes button in that pop-up, but instead clicks on the Submit All my feedback button at the bottom of the assignment grading page.
Then the feedback will get lost.

But then you said that he does indeed clicks on Save changes, but the info is simply not getting transferred.
(therefore once he clicks Submit All, there is really nothing to save).
I believe that is some kind of bug with the assignment tool.
I would probably ask in the assignment forum mixed