- Where in Moodle can I share resources across courses, respecting the login rights of the student?
- How can I know that the version of document X, used in course Y, is the same as the one referenced in the exam?
My teachers, especially the language teachers with mp3 wishes, love your HTML-editor, I am the only sour one:
- We have big problems with HTML-editor, because it is changing relativ paths into absolute paths (version 1.3.4 Is it solve in 1.4.2?):
it is blocking backup / restore to new courses..
Our teachers develop a course with HTML-editor, causing that accident is.
- Of topic: I have still that other objection against your HTML-editor: the html-graveyard-effect. It becomes more and more seductiv to use this editor and create a blob of html-images-mutimedai-mess, blocking the reuse in reformatting for other purposes:
Thanks to your HTML-editor, we leave more and more the sturcture of the early Moodle with it's title, summary, body, included image..
- I hope that version 2.1 brings this choice between beautiful graveyard and a restricted, structured format back on stage..
I will move to 1.4.3 as soon it is out and then try again DMS, I like the view but still wonder why Firefox works correct but IE6 cannot find the downloadable file...
My filemanager? I will search..
I find: "Teachers don't have a portfolio, because they can use filemanager. Students have it in the "People" block and the link is "My Portfolio".
Can you explain this alittle more?
You might like to consider going to v 1.5.1. and using the meta course function ?
(attached a couple of screen shots )
Your metacourse approach was very interesting.
Can you guide me where I can get more details on the metacourse function and what are the other options to share resources accross courses.
Thanks in advance
What happened with myDMS integration in Moodle? Seems the thread went cold last year and now we read about Moodle & Hive integration.
Unfortunately, HarvestRoad's license fees put it out of reach for most of us.
If myDMS is at a standstill, is there anything that comes close to Hive ? (which by the way is awfully nice package !)
Note also that we started a moodle-ariadne integration project in which we provide access to the ariadne LCMS from within moodle. The idea is that this is of course transparent for the end-user. This way content doesn't end locked up inside the LMS but is also accessable through other search engines like e.g. merlot (http://fedsearch.merlot.org). Hence the content (learning object) becomes reusable in other LMS as we did similar integrations with blackboard, INES, ...
More info at:
If you would be interested in an account on our test server, please send us your details.
There exists also a possibility to become an ARIADNE member: you might consider this if you would like support, training, influence on further evolution and development or if you would like to integrate your node in the ARIADNE network (and hence benifit from other learning objects, already available).
However even without being a member, we very much value your input/suggestions !
We have an Oracle 9 server so database is not a difficulty.
Have you a french correspondant ?
So, this answer is yes
Is the details of the gateway an opensource.
Can you send some details of links to read about.