1.9 to 2.0 upgrade - all images missing

1.9 to 2.0 upgrade - all images missing

by Chris Clifton -
Number of replies: 7

Running apache 2.2 on centos, php 5.3.3.
Is zlib or gzip compression turned on in moodle 2.0? Upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0, the upgrade appeared to be 100% successful, but when loading the login page or any other pages, all images, js and css appear to be missing. Is there a setting in my php.ini I'm missing that's required for 2.0?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Clifton

Re: 1.9 to 2.0 upgrade - all images missing

by Chris Clifton -
After some more investigation, appears the 2.0 upgrade somehow modified the moodle data directory in a way that made it inaccessible ... The 2.0 install wasn't accessing it correctly (all images, etc missing), and reverting back to 1.9 didn't help either, the data directory still inaccessible. No permissions

by Vijay N -
check your permission on the webserver- moodle data folder. For the purpose of testing give full access control to the end user via the web server and see if it makes difference- refresh the moodle site page.
In reply to Vijay N

by Chris Clifton -
It's not the permissions. The 2.0 upgrade totally screws up the data directory somehow. Files are deleted, directories are renamed, etc.

by Vijay N -
in that case its best to stick to 1.9 until final releaseh

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

Thanks for helping test the 1.9 to 2.0 upgrade. approve Sorry I can't answer your question, however I'm just going to move this thread to the testing and QA forum where hopefully someone will be able to help...
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andrew D -

this appears to be doing the same with the final release version which I put on this weekend.  MoodleData directory was pretty much wiped out and all my course content was deleted / moved to some unknown location.

In reply to Andrew D

by Eric Hawkinson -

i am experiencing the same issues.  But i wasnt even upgrading from an earlier version.  i installed the latest version.  install went fine.  I installed a plugin and ran the notifications script. Now the entire site is unusable.  No images and most of the links are toast.