editor toolbar gone

editor toolbar gone

yazan Lev Abramov -
Yanıt sayısı: 4
Dear all -

I have recently added a course creator; soon afterwards, she complained that she cannot see the editor toolbar. I requested a screenshot - indeed, her onscreen editor looks like a large textarea, no toolbar on top.

My first idea was lack of java plugin that prevents the toolbar buttons from displaying correctly - but the browser does not display any alarms to that effect.

Wrong browser?

any other ideas?

TIA!

Lev
Lev Abramov yanıt olarak

Re: editor toolbar gone

yazan Mauno Korpelainen -

There are many possible reasons, moodle 1.9 has different reasons and moodle 2 many more. If it is moodle 1.9 and HTMLArea it only supports Firefox and IE but start from this list:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_editor_FAQ#The_HTML_Editor_does_not_appear

Mauno Korpelainen yanıt olarak

yazan Lev Abramov -
Thanx Mauno. yes, this was the reason: the course creator was using Google Chrome. A switch to IE - and everything is working.
Lev Abramov yanıt olarak

yazan Janet Taylor -

I just had a situation where I was made an administrator on a new Moodle site. Went to create a course, and did, when I went in to edit the summary or anything else I had no toolbar. I am using Google Chrome... so I logged into a different Moodle site where I am the course creator, still in Chrome, and the editor toolbar was there.

The only difference was the site... how can that happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed?

Thanks

Janet Taylor yanıt olarak

yazan HJWUCGA INC. -

I have the same problem with 2.1.1 ... none of the browsers worked for me ... IE, FF, Chrome on any platform ... windows, mac or linux.

frustrating to say the least