editor toolbar gone

editor toolbar gone

από Lev Abramov -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 4
Dear all -

I have recently added a course creator; soon afterwards, she complained that she cannot see the editor toolbar. I requested a screenshot - indeed, her onscreen editor looks like a large textarea, no toolbar on top.

My first idea was lack of java plugin that prevents the toolbar buttons from displaying correctly - but the browser does not display any alarms to that effect.

Wrong browser?

any other ideas?

TIA!

Lev
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Lev Abramov

Re: editor toolbar gone

από Mauno Korpelainen -

There are many possible reasons, moodle 1.9 has different reasons and moodle 2 many more. If it is moodle 1.9 and HTMLArea it only supports Firefox and IE but start from this list:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_editor_FAQ#The_HTML_Editor_does_not_appear

Σε απάντηση σε Mauno Korpelainen

από Lev Abramov -
Thanx Mauno. yes, this was the reason: the course creator was using Google Chrome. A switch to IE - and everything is working.
Σε απάντηση σε Lev Abramov

από Janet Taylor -

I just had a situation where I was made an administrator on a new Moodle site. Went to create a course, and did, when I went in to edit the summary or anything else I had no toolbar. I am using Google Chrome... so I logged into a different Moodle site where I am the course creator, still in Chrome, and the editor toolbar was there.

The only difference was the site... how can that happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed?

Thanks