Moodle Table Troubles

Moodle Table Troubles

by Christi Ruscigno -
Number of replies: 1

First time in and I already found some answers to my table troubles (column widths, for one)  but not to this one:

I finally figured out code so that a border appears (and stays consistently visible) all the way around a table, but internal column and row lines come and go at will. It's frustrating  because I develp courses for University professionals teaching online courses--and they expect tables to look like, well, tables. I feel we are having to lower our standards to use tablees in Moodle and/or am ready to load them all in popup pdfs, which is kind of aggravating! Anyway, if anyone has a tip to fixing this, please let me know.

christijo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christi Ruscigno

Re: Moodle Table Troubles

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Christijo,

It's well known that the text editor, used in Moodle up to 1.9.9, HTMLarea has numerous problems. In Moodle 2 there will be a different editor: TinyMce.

Workarounds in the meanwhile :
  1. If you need the users to interact with the table, in a wiki for example, you can try creating the tables in an external text editor (KompoZer, Dreamweaver...) and importing the code.

2. If you just want the users to look at the information, you can create the tables in Word, Excel, etc., take a screenshot of them and import them as images into your Moodle web pages. They will be perfectly integrated and not appear as popups.
Cheers,
Glenys