Course End Date

Course End Date

by Jaswant Tak -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Everybody,

My courses are in topic formats, I want that after a particular date, course content should not be accessible by students. Can I add a course end date or some other settings so my students can't access the course anymore after that date.

Thanks,
JT
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaswant Tak

Re: Course End Date

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the course settings page, there's a group of settings for "Enrolments" including a duration. This will automatically remove students after the number of days specified. However this will only solve your problem if they were all enrolled at the same time.
In reply to Mark Johnson

by Jaswant Tak -
Hi Mark,

But again problem is there is no any fixed date, student can be register on any date for the course. I want a fixed date like 31 Dec. 2010 after that nobody will be able to access the course.

Is there a way?

Thanks,
JT
In reply to Jaswant Tak

by Edward Burke -
In that same "enrolment" section there iis a start date for enrolling and an end date after which no enrollments will be accepted.  Once enrolled, you can set a duration for enrollees, so you can give students 30 days to complete the course, for example.  Hope this helps
In reply to Jaswant Tak

by Jaswant Tak -
Okay I switched the course to weekly format. But again student can access the content. I clear the scenario with this example

Course Start Date - 1 April 2010
No. of Weeks - 4

It means that 4 weeks will be completed on 28 April 2010

Now I want if a student try to login on 30 April 2010 he/she should not be able to access the course content (SCORM package), not be able to participate in any discussion forum and also should not be able to take any exam.

I hope now its cleared. Can anybody help me to solve this puzzle?

Thanks,
Jaswant