Is Moodle right for me?

Is Moodle right for me?

by Mike Lewis -
Number of replies: 2
I'm looking to host a web-app that's basically a book, with normal book navigation. The catch on it is that I'd like the first X pages publicly visible, while pages after that require registration. Additionally, I want progression through the book to be linear. By this I mean, you can only get to a page if you've already been to (and maybe passed quizzes for) the previous page. "off-limits" pages are grayed out and unlinked in the navigation until a user reaches them through normal progression.

I'm a developer, so I'll get my hands dirty if needed, but I'm looking for what will get me close the fastest.

Been looking at a few CMS's, and none of them quite do what I need. Just seeing how close Moodle can get me to where I want to be.

Much appreciated,
Mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Lewis

Re: Is Moodle right for me?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It sounds like your requirements should not be a good fit for Moodle, since you are not trying to create a course web site.

However, you may find that Moodle 2.0 with conditional activities enabled, and the new navigation, will do what you want.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Is Moodle right for me?

by Mike Lewis -
Thanks Tim. I appreciate the feedback. It's looking like Drupal may be a better fit right now.