copy topics to another course

copy topics to another course

by marc helfano -
Number of replies: 6
hi, ive got several courses in moodle site, however since ive already created a good 'unit or topic' in the ocurse.
it has links to sites and files, assignments, etc..
i want to add that same topic section to another course in my moodle site
is there a way to duplicate just that portion to another course i have?
thanks
marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marc helfano

Re: copy topics to another course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes -in the new course in the administration block click "import" and when prompted, choose the course with the good topic stuff in it and then when you are offered that course just select the items you want to copy over/import and click "continue"
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jacob Fraser -

Hi,

I followed the advice from this post and found that not only did it transfer the activities and resources selected, but it also included the topic headings for the entire course.  Did I miss a check box somewhere?

In reply to Jacob Fraser

Ynt: Re: copy topics to another course

by Oktunc Guloglu -
Thanks for your help. It works for me also. But I want to ask one more thing. When I import the content, I can see that where can I import on topics. How can I remove that info?? I mean, I imported the topics from math lessons to history lessons. When I am on history lesson, I see info that it comes from math lesson. Hope you all understand. Thanks for your help
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gail Finn -

I followed the steps listed and it says the topic was imported correctly, but it never shows up in the Moodle course. Do I need to do something else?

In reply to Gail Finn

by ben reynolds -

Stuff imports from the Xth topic to the Xth topic. If you have fewer topics in the course you are importing to, you will not see your stuff.

Edit the course and add more topics until the Xth topic shows.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)