Missing "Save Changes" button on Variables page

Missing "Save Changes" button on Variables page

by Allison Kipta -
Number of replies: 4

Downloaded and installed the latest version last night.  Ran into two problems on installation that I was able to fix today after getting a few ideas in the forums here:

1.  Needed to have permissions set to write to some directories. 
2.  Fixed a small thing in /lang/cs/moodle.php to take care of a parsing error, namely changing $string['locale'] in lang/cs/moodle.php to cs_CZ.UTF-8 (thanks Petr and Dan!).

However, when I visit the following page to configure server time, smtp, longtimenosee, etc., I am unable to save the new configuration.  There's no "Save Changes" button anywhere on the Variables page at:

Administration » Configuration » Variables

Any ideas on this one?

Allison

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allison Kipta

Re: Missing "Save Changes" button on Variables page

by Penny Leach -
Can you have a look in apache's error log?

It's possible there was an error and the page stopped loading before the save changes button got drawn.
In reply to Penny Leach

by Allison Kipta -

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I'm not sure I have access to Apache error logs with my service provider's setup.  I'll dig around and see what I can find.  I'm hosted on iPowerWeb.

Refreshing the page doesn't help, nor does reinstlalling.

Allison

by Allison Kipta -

Problem solved ... mysteriously, by itself.

Continuous reloads of the page and even shutting down and restarting the browser wasn't making it happen. 

Today I revisited the page and the button is there.

Allison

by Patrick Blaine -
For anyone looking for a fix....I had the same problem, and after a lot of messing around finally made sure that I had a php.ini file on my personal account (I use shared space on a university server) and raised the upload file size limit.  The default was at 2M.  I didn't figure out exactly how much it takes to make the button reappear, but if you hop it up a good bit (say 20M) it works fine.