Moving activities

Moving activities

by Mike Algozzine -
Number of replies: 4
moodle/course:manageactivities allows a user to add/update/delete activities in a course, but apparently, it doesn't allow them to move activities. The move icon isn't there. Which capability allows a user to move activities?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Algozzine

Re: Moving activities

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm.. I'd have thought manage activities included moving them. Are you trying to make a customised role?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mike Algozzine -

Yes, we're trying to create a new role, but for testing, I started from scratch with the legacy roles. If I duplicate the non-editing teacher role and then allow the manage activities capability, the user sees Update and Delete icons next to each activity, but not the Move icon. With the legacy teacher role, they see the Move icon. I'm trying to avoid allowing additional capabilities one at a time to see which one enables the Move icon, but I suppose that's what I might have to do?

In reply to Mike Algozzine

by Randy Orwin -
Hi Mike,

For a non-editing teacher, or any other role to be able to move activities you need to set both the Manage activities (moodle/course:manageactivities) and Update course settings (moodle/course:update) to allow. This may be more access than you want them to have as they now have the settings option in the admin block. You can lock down a few of the items in this area but it still may be more than you want to allow.

Good luck!
In reply to Randy Orwin

by Mike Algozzine -
I was afraid it might be associated with an overly permissive capability, but at least now we know. Thanks very much.