A script for editing course-layout

A script for editing course-layout

by Audun Hauge -
Number of replies: 4
This script lets you edit the layout of a course by drag'n drop.
You can rearrange sideblocks (add and remove), rearrange placing and sequence of resources/activities in sections (can't add or remove).

It's a mix of javascript with some php to push the layout into the database. Nice to have if you want to rearrange the layout of a course that's populated with lots of items. The non-javascript version built into moodle is a bit click & reload intensive when moving more than just a few items.
I haven't done any extensive tests, so try it in a test-moodle.
It works for me smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Audun Hauge

Re: A script for editing course-layout

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Audun,
              works first time very well on Eloy Xampp4Moodle and 7mb course restore.

Thanks for that usefull block,

Bernard

In reply to Audun Hauge

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Exceptionally cool!  Nice job, Audun!!   cool

Keep tweaking it - we must get this into the main distribution.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Audun Hauge -
Thanks smile

I've tweaked it a bit (icons for activities, visible/hidden activities), but what else should be added/changed?
I feel this script should be kind of like a wire-frame layout of the course: not all details showing but easy to move stuff around.
Deleteing activities/resources perhaps best done as before.

It would be nice to have a link that shows up when editing is on, but this I assume would be arranged by greater powers than me ...wink

I'll do some more testing to see how it works in IE and opera, will fiddle with design a bit. Can't think of more for now ... ideas?

In reply to Audun Hauge

by Audun Hauge -
New version allows you to drag'n-drop resources from other courses given that they are marked with [PUBLIC_COPY] in summary. You can drag'n-drop resources from your own courses if they are marked either [PUBLIC_COPY] or [PRIVATE_COPY].
Will extend this so that you can drag'n-drop Lessons also
(I've no need for copying any other activities ... smile ).
I've tested and fixed some bugs with IE (size of divs not as in firefox).