Trapped inside an Infinite loop when upgrading to 1.0.9

Trapped inside an Infinite loop when upgrading to 1.0.9

by Bernie Carpenter -
Number of replies: 0

I am in the middle of an upgrade for 1.0.8.1 to 1.0.9.

Followed the upgrade instructions ... moved my moodle dir to moodle.old and re-created the moodle dir with the 1.0.9 code. Copied my old config.php file over pointed my browser to the /admin dir on the moodle site. I  received a heart warming "current release info" page.

Scrolling down I noticed, in red, that the config.php file has been changed, so I went ahead and made the changes to the config.php file by copying over the config-dist file and editing it to suit my site.

With all that done, I clicked on the continue link on "info" page, and received ....

... The current release info page ... So I click continue again .... and again ... and again.

If I close the browser down and go the site in a new window, the site is still there .... no errors ... however, as soon as I log in as "admin" Im transported to the "Current release Info" page, where I remain trapped for all eternity.

H. E. L. P.  M. E. !  !  !

by the way ..

I moved the 1.0.9 moodle dir over to moodle.broke and put my moodle.old (ie 1.0.8.1) directory back and all seems ok - at least I can still see all of my marks etc (phew !!). Any ideas why the isntall broke would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -