Unable to Restore couse content create files in a new course

Unable to Restore couse content create files in a new course

by K.James Mathai -
Number of replies: 5

I have very recently upgraded my LMS to Moodle 199+.  As an site Admin. I created a new course and wanted to restore already existing course. But I am unable to do it. Neither I am able to upload a file in that new course using 'file' option. the following error get displayed:

"ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home/nitttrbh/nitttronline/8)

The site administrator needs to fix the file permissions"

But I am able to do all the above activities in a  course which I have offered earlier. Please help me. How can I over this problem.

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to K.James Mathai

Re: Unable to Restore couse content create files in a new course

by Ruth Clark -
I am also having this problem following the 1.9.9 update. We can't import course data from other course into new courses.
Can anyone give us a clue?
In reply to Ruth Clark

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Ruth. Can you state more specifically what your error messages are? Is it thatr when you try to import it says you are not an editing teacher in any other course? I ask because this was a bug in 1.9.9 that has a fix for it if this is your problem. If you have another error message please post it and I will try to suggest something else
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ruth Clark -
There isn't actually an error message. Once it goes through all the usual import screens and you press continue it just shows a blank page (see attached) and the content isn't imported to the course as requested.
I am doing this with the global admin role.
Attachment Import.jpg
In reply to Ruth Clark

by Ruth Clark -
After debugging I got the following error message: Call to undefined function require_sesskey() in ..\moodle\backup\restore.php.
I removed the function and it resolved the problem.

In reply to Ruth Clark

by K.James Mathai -

Ya! I got solution to my problem.

I found my home data folder write protected after I upgradtion to 1.9.9+. It seems either the LMS/moodle or the web service provider where I have hosted my learning environment protects the data folder for any data loss due to security reason.

So check for the data folder for write protected if any. If so make it write enabled.

I hope this may solve your problem.

james