Free Form Grades--Yes or No?

Free Form Grades--Yes or No?

by Tom Ainscough -
Number of replies: 2
What are the chances that will see free form grades in an upcoming edition of Moodle--say by the beginning of Fall semester? wink

The earlier discussion sort of petered out without a consensus. Is this something that is of interest to others, or am I the only one?

(By free form grades, I mean the ability to enter any grade you wish into a text box rather than selecting fixed grades from a pull down menu.)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Ainscough

Re: Free Form Grades--Yes or No?

by Ray Kingdon -
I think this is already in the Workshop module. It's got four methods of assessment, one of them is "No grading". In fact this gives you just a single comment box, i.e. a text box.

It should run in a similiar way to the Assignment module without the grading if you don't turn on any of the fancy stuff like peer assessment. It will be a very vanilla assignment - student submits work, teacher comments on work, full stop! I don't think it puts anything into the Grades. At least I hope it doesn't, not sure I tested that... thoughtful
In reply to Ray Kingdon

Re: Free Form Grades--Yes or No?

by Tom Ainscough -
Well, that's not exactly what I meant.

I just meant being able to type your grade rather than being able to select the grade from a pull down menu (but still having a grade...) So on a 100 point exam, any of the following would still be valid:

88, 77.5, 103

etc.