Cannot properly access Moodle from other computers.

Re: Cannot properly access Moodle from other computers.

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Glenys,

Thanks for the compliment!

I appreciate the ease of getting Moodle running locally for non-techies with these all-in-one packages for local testing; and for these purposes, trust me you have no reason to concern yourself with DNS spoofing!

However if you trying to view your moodle through different ip addresses (i.e. internal and external LANs) then you are entering the territory of running a public webserver; and this task in itself (moodle aside) requires a lot of technical knowledge and ability. I am learning still too; and have received a lot of help from other people on these forums far more knowledgeable than I.

I guess my point is; if you are just testing moodle, then just test it on a single computer using one of the all-in-one packages; but if you intend to use your moodle install to serve real courses either over the Internet or on a local LAN, then learn about webservers first, then get Moodle working. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run!

Jon