How to add a new sub module for a existing module

How to add a new sub module for a existing module

by Geeth Sanjeewa Hettiarachchi -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to develop a new module to conduct summative assessments through the module. I already add new module for moodle successfully. now i want to add two or three sub modules inside my new module.

please If any one can help me , how should i have to start.....?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geeth Sanjeewa Hettiarachchi

Re: How to add a new sub module for a existing module

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
More details on what you're trying to achieve would be useful. What does the module you created do, and what are these "sub modules" going to provide in addition to that functionality? Can you not just built the extra functionality into the module itself?
In reply to Mark Johnson

In order to my research, identified three main ares under summative assessments.
(actually this assessment is very much like to semester end examination so it should be under supervised environment and student has been given grades for their achievements at the end)

1. application process
2. assessment process
3. results analyzes process

What i am looking to achieve is implement three sub modules for above three sub processes and put under my new assessment module.this is the rough idea about my research and i dont know whether it would be good enough to get an idea.please let me know from where i need to start to implement sub module ?

thanks
geeth
In reply to Geeth Sanjeewa Hettiarachchi

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Geeth,
Do you mean like how the assignment module lets you create 4 different types of assignment? If this is the case, you might want to look at the way the assignment module does it. There's an "assignment_base" class which defines the basic assignment, and then a series of "pluggable assignment types" which extend the assignment_base class with extra properties, methods etc. You can see the base class in /mod/assignment/lib.php, and the extended classes in /mod/assignment/type.
In reply to Mark Johnson

Hi Johnson

Thank you so much.I sow the base class and got a idea about the sub types.thanks again.