1.4.2 Update Problems - Recent Activity printing problem

1.4.2 Update Problems - Recent Activity printing problem

by Shawn Marsh -
Number of replies: 3

I installed 1.4.2 from 1.0 (something) and got the following error under RECENT ACTIVITY when viewing my courses:

Activity since Thursday, 25 November 2004, 01:30 PM

Full report of recent activity...

Warning: print_recent_activity(/home/epec/epec/php/moodle/mod/chatarea/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epec/epec/php/moodle/course/lib.php on line 691

Warning: print_recent_activity(): Failed opening '/home/epec/epec/php/moodle/mod/chatarea/lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/epec/epec/php/moodle/course/lib.php on line 691
Nothing new since your last login
Can anyone help? I had previously installed a separate "chatarea" module? Did the new version over write it with the chat module?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shawn Marsh

Re: 1.4.2 Update Problems - Recent Activity printing problem

by Penny Leach -
How did you update? with CVS?

Does that chatarea directory still exist? If so, can you type

ls -l /home/epec/epec/php/moodle/mod/chatarea

and see what's there?

Where did the chatarea module come from? Moodle's chat module won't have overwritten it, as the chat module will live in

/home/epec/epec/php/moodle/mod/chat/

------- EDIT ----------

Googling for 'moodle chatarea' shows me that there used to be a module called chatarea that was abandoned in favour of chat.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1659

(See Martin's post at the end of that thread)

I guess that means that you did update with CVS and as that directory would have been deleted from the CVS repository, your local copy was also deleted.

Did you make a backup before you upgraded? Do you need to use chatarea? Or can you use chat instead?

----- EDIT AGAIN -----

The log message about removing the lang files for chatarea in CVS indicate that the module has been kept,

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/moodle/moodle/lang/es/Attic/chatarea.php?rev=1.6&view=log

but the link to download the zipped up module from moodle,

http://moodle.org/download/modules/chatarea.zip

doesn't work anymore.
In reply to Shawn Marsh

by Martín Langhoff -
If you removed it, but still have it 'active' as a module in the modules config page, moodle will be trying to load it. Remove if from the module config page.

Alternatively, it seems you are missing files. Is your zipfile complete? Maybe download again and compare sizes?
In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Sinead Gibney -
I have the exact same problem with 1.4.2. I didn't do any extra downloading either.

What exactly do I have to do to get rid of the error message? I've had a rummage and can't find anything. It looks like this:

Warning: print_recent_activity(/home/xxxx/www/mod/dialogue/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/www/course/lib.php on line 691

Warning: print_recent_activity(): Failed opening '/home/xxxx/www/mod/dialogue/lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local//lib/php') in /home/xxxx/www/course/lib.php on line 691

Thanks,
Sinéad