Enrollment problem! Please help

Enrollment problem! Please help

by Jaison Norton -
Number of replies: 3
I have searched and searched all documents on Moodle and Moodle Forums - NO LUCK!

What I want:

I want students to be able to "self-enroll" into courses using a key. I went into admin and selected internal enrolment, inputted a key, and new users will receive a welcome email and be enrolled as a student.

My problem:

When students visit my site (SciTastic.com) they are greeted with one course, Earth Science. When they click on this course they are displayed the option to login as a "returning user" or as a "Guest". There is no option for "self-enrollment"

Help:

Can someone please help me?

Thanks-a-million!
Jaison

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaison Norton

Re: Enrollment problem! Please help

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hold on - do you want your users to self enrol directly into a course in your Moodle when they haven't registered before? You need to go to site admin>users>authentication>manage authentication and enable email-based self authentication. That will give them the ability to create a new account on your Moodle. They have to do that first. Then when they have created an account they can self enrol into a course. However if you want the course password protected then you will have somehow to let them know what the password is.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jaison Norton -
I've did that already: admin>users>authentication>manage authentication and enable email-based self authentication.

It still does not allow them to self-enroll. unless I am blind!

J

In reply to Jaison Norton

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As well as "turning on its eye" did you scroll down and change the dropdown to selfregistration=enable?