How to add graphics and other custom elements to front page?

How to add graphics and other custom elements to front page?

av Marlon Higgins -
Antall svar: 6
Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this has already been answered before. I would like to know how to add images to the front page (the page users see before login). I'm sure this is possible, I just don't know how.

Any help you can give will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Marlon Higgins

Re: How to add graphics and other custom elements to front page?

av Emanuel Delgado -
Hello,

You can do that in Frontpage » FrontPage Settings.

Enable "Include a topic section" field. After saving this, there will be an area in frontpage that you can edit any way you want.

hth

ED
Som svar til Emanuel Delgado

Re: How to add graphics and other custom elements to front page?

av Marlon Higgins -
Thanks that's magic. I did this before but didn't turn on editing. Now I've got what I want.

Thanks again.
Som svar til Emanuel Delgado

any good idea for the front page?

av Chia-chun Hsu -
I wanna make the front page as a portal, so i need to enable the setting as "include a topic section" from the front page settings. However, there are several site-wide-activities/resource had been created. How to "not show the site-wide-activities/resources" and keep the summary or label (with several hyperlinks to the activities) on the page and the users can see or give some feedback?

Please go here and login with below info
username as user01
password as user01

at this moment, the only workable hyperlinks are for "MyMoodle" and "List of Courses"
Som svar til Chia-chun Hsu

Re: any good idea for the front page?

av Mary Cooch -
Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators
Are these "site wide activities" guest access? How about making the activities in a separate course with guest access and linking to them from your images on the label? Then they will be available but won't need to appear on the front page. If you need to log in for them then enrol everyone into the course where you put them.
Som svar til Mary Cooch

回應: Re: any good idea for the front page?

av Chia-chun Hsu -
>Are these "site wide activities" guest access? I have make the "front page role" as "student" >How about making the activities in a separate course with guest access and linking to them from your images on the label? 1. It's weird for me to create an extra course for making website announcement. it's better to leave the website stuff on the front page and make the courses as real courses! 2. still wondering how "moodle.org" make it? For instance, the hyperlink for "About Moodle" is "http://moodle.org/about/", and the page looks like applying "Compose a web page."
Som svar til Chia-chun Hsu

Re: 回應: Re: any good idea for the front page?

av E. L. Cooper -

The About moodle pages and (I think) all document pages are not really done in moodle. They are done in MediaWiki 1.13.5. Moodle.org uses moodle forums and a few other bits from a standard moodle install but moodle.org is not a pure moodle. It is a a community and thus requires things not a part of a teaching environment. The link that you see at the top of the page is part of moodle.org's theme.

Now don't get me wrong you can do a huge amount of content delivery with just moodle and a custom theme like I did here but that site was the result of a theroy that I started tweeking with a couple of years ago. It is a solution for a situation where a small school with no IT department wants certain people who have no html or coding skills to be able to add and modify pages.