Moodle to Janison or Janison to Moodle

Moodle to Janison or Janison to Moodle

by Andy Kirk -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,
I was very surprised to hear from a colleague who said he had read of some Australian institutions switching from Moodle to Janison.

I would be very surprised if this were the case, but then nothing is too surprising.

A brief search online didn't bring up any discussions on this, I am sure the trend would be in the other direction, but interested to know if anyone had heard similar?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Kirk

Re: Moodle to Janison or Janison to Moodle

by Derek Chirnside -
I have a vague memory (I think) of ONE institution heading from Blackboard to Janison. But not Moodle > Janison, ever.
Google "Blackboard to Janison" You get one hit, although now there migh be two with this post.
2007. Southbank somewhere. http://toolboxes.flexiblelearning.net.au/documents/pdfs/2007_Qualitative_Toolbox_Research.pdf
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Andy Kirk -
Thanks, thought it seemed unlikely
In reply to Andy Kirk

by richard wu -
Hi,

Our school is migrating over from Janison to Moodle. We have found Janison to be a really chunky LMS with lots of glitches while Moodle is so simple even our oldest teachers are embracing it.

smile
In reply to richard wu

by Andy Kirk -

Which institution are you at Richard? have you done a feasibilty study or comparison of the two products? I'd be interested to catch up with you on or offline to find out more about how you approached the switch.

Cheers

Andy

In reply to Andy Kirk

by Julie Rourke -

We use Janison as provides workspace and is better for short courses whre we develop the content.