Why languages restricted to english on the qa.moodle.net?

Why languages restricted to english on the qa.moodle.net?

by Oleg Sychev -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
I see strange characters on the calendar in my testing site (with russian language settings), while other non-english characters on the page are OK.

I was going to try this on qa.moodle.net but find out the only language available are English and even manager role are restricted from adding another languages.

How we are expected to test Unicode functionality if the only available language on the qa.moodle.net is English? I suggest allowing any language on the testing site...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Oleg Sychev

Re: Why languages restricted to english on the qa.moodle.net?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Good point Oleg. When qa.moodle.net next updates (00:10 GMT) you'll find all the languages installed.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Oleg Sychev -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
I still don't see any languages except English (trying to edit teacher role for example). Are you sure languages aren't restricted in admin settings?
In reply to Oleg Sychev

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It seems there was a small problem with the upgrade which has now been fixed, so all languages are now available on qa.moodle.net.