Confused about enabling completion tracking

Confused about enabling completion tracking

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can enable this in Advanced Features and it says When enabled, this lets you turn on completion tracking (progress) features at course level.
However; there is also the option to enable or disable this in the Course default settings in Student progress - I don't see why it is there also? I turned it off in Advanced Features but was still able to turn it on in Course Default settings - I am confusedmixed
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Confused about enabling completion tracking

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary,

Sorry I haven't had chance to look into this, however I was just wondering whether it was a case of when a feature has been used, if it is then disabled by an admin, the course setting is still displayed. Does that sound like a possibility?

Another thing, which may or may not be relevant, is a recent commit by Petr:
http://git.moodle.org/gw?p=moodle.git;a=commit;h=5da6121042ce40c0844d0749c654803306874367
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Confused about enabling completion tracking

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think I understand it now, having had a play:
If it is disabled in Advanced features then it's irrelevant what it says in Course default settings; the option doesn't appear in individual course settings.

If it is enabled in Advanced features then the Course default settings can set the default to disabled- but the drop down option appears inside a course for an teacher to enable it if they so wish. Which is what you said!smile