Server configuration requirement help

Server configuration requirement help

by Shyam S -
Number of replies: 4
We are an e-learning company. We host several courses online. We use moodle. We are trying to figure out what should be the server configuration so that we can handle 2000 users simultaneously without affecting the speed of their access?

Our current server configuration is:
Processor: 2 Xeon CPU cores
RAM: 2GB
Hard Disk: 100GB
Transfer: 10TB
Hybrid dedicated server
Moodle version: 1.9.5

Can some one through some light on this? We will be really grateful. Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shyam S

Re: Server configuration requirement help

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Shyam,

Someone more techie than me will give you a more technical answer (maybe the "Hardware and Performance" forum would be a better place to post) but I can say that it will depend on what the users are all doing simultaneously: just reading documents? all doing the same quiz?

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry I can't offer any help, though I'm just moving this discussion thread to the hardware and performance forum as suggested...
In reply to Shyam S

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
More RAM... Lots more RAM... And probably a separate database server too... and even multiple webservers too...

But as Visvanath says, search this forum and read the docs...