Not able to see "Site Administration" Block

Not able to see "Site Administration" Block

by satyajit Choudhury -
Number of replies: 1
Hello All, I have configured MNet on my 2 different Moodle instances(moodle1 and moodle2). I am facing 2 issues:

1. Administrators of Moodle1, when they are remotly login to Moodle2 are not able to see "Site Administration" Block. It is very annoying for them as they are not able to perform anything even after login to remote site.

2. I wanted all the Teacher (Role) to be able to see the "Network Server" block and should be able to roam remotly. For this i have enabled "moodle/site:mnetlogintoremote" under Techers Role. So, if i am not mistaking then all the users who are in Teachers Role should be able to see the "Network Server" block and should be able to roam remotly. But this not happening, i am loggin to Moodle1 as administrator and searching for user with Teachers Role and than loggin "as that user" I am not able to see the "network Server" block itself.

Please advice. Any sort of help or suggestion is highly appriciated.

~Satyajit
Average of ratings: -
In reply to satyajit Choudhury

Re: Not able to see "Site Administration" Block

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Satyajit

re 1. sure, this is expected behaviour. Admin from Moodle1 is considered as a normal remote user at Moodle2. We can not blindly follow the roles assigned at a remote peer at our local server for obvious security reasons. If you are sure who the remote user is and that his account is adequately protected (strong password, https etc), you can assign them as your own site administrator manually. That is, the admin at Moodle2 has to manually assign a remote user from Moodle1 as another local admin.

re 2. sure, this is expected behaviour again. Please read the documentation regarding roles and contexts. The capability "moodle/site:mnetlogintoremote" is checked at the level of the system context while the teacher role is typically assigned at lower levels (course contexts). What you probably want is to create a new role called "Roaming user", set Allow for just the capability (leaving all the others unset) and globally assign this role to all your colleagues. Or, if you want to allow all your users to roam, set this capability for Authenticated user role.

HTH