by Clarence Prudhoe -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I setup the Lesson to allow REVIEW.

When I reached the end of the lesson I was presented with the options:
Review Lesson
Return to Course
View Grades.

If you click on Review Lesson, it will take you back to the last question in the lesson.

Shouldn't it take to the FIRST question in the lesson so you can work through the lesson again?

I will report this as a bug in Tracker.

Clarence

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clarence Prudhoe

Re: Another Lesson Activity Bug

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Clarence,

I confirm the bug and I have added some debug info (always useful to the developers) in MDL-23599.

Please remember to give your forum messages the most meaningful possible subject title (as you did in the tracker : "Review Lesson option in Lesson Activity is not working as expected.")wink

And remember to update your forum post with the tracker issue number as soon as you have created it, so people who are interested can set themselves as watchers or vote for it.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Another Lesson Activity Bug

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I have tested the Review option in moodle 1.9 and I really don't understand its use. In 1.9 it does work, i.e. it does send the student right to the beginning of the lesson (1st question). However, changing the answer given first does not change the final score, which is based on the first answer given to each question.

I think either the meaning of the word "review" here is mistaken or the behavior of the Lesson module is illogical.sad

If "review" means the student can have another look at all the answers they gave to the questions, that's fine, but then the input fields should have their "disabled" value set to "disabled".

Or else, and that has been asked before, rather than being available only at the end of a lesson, the Review option (with the input fields disabled) should be available to the students at any time after completing a lesson (if the teacher has set the Review option to YES in the lesson settings, of course).

Joseph