A team of teachers at the ULPGC (University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain) in collaboration with CICEI (Innovation Center for Information Society) has developed VPL (Virtual Programming Lab). VPL is an activity module to manage programming assignments providing the usual characteristics such as upload, download and view assignments, data backup and restore, grading, groups, access control based on roles, access logs, etc. adding also a large number of features tailored to the programming assignments:
- Enable to edit the programs source code in the browser using an applet
- Students can run interactively programs in the browser
- You can run tests to review the programs.
- Allows searching for similarity between files.
- Allows setting editing restrictions and avoiding external text pasting.