Suggestion to improve Moodle (managing user accounts)

Suggestion to improve Moodle (managing user accounts)

by Heike Ebelt -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I have been using Moodle for quite a while. I prefer keeping it tidy so that no resources are used unnecessarily. Therefore I like to "kick out" students that have finished a course. Since a course has about 60-80 students, it takes quite a while to filter them and to take them out one by one from the page of the Users Accounts.

I wonder if there is a possibility to adjust the User Account page in different ways. Here my suggestions:
  • The table of users can be adjusted; the admin could add columns like "courses" and the "date of registration" (and remove others).
  • The users can be grouped, both automatically and manually: The admin could create lists with names, and the users are either listed automatically by the period of time of registration, or manually by e.g. adding a tick in a specific box next to the user name (as it is possible for courses, but here the users are sorted regardless of their courses they take).
  • The option of backing up all (or a part of) current user accounts and user lists.
  • It is possible to search for and filter the content of extra fields the admin added.
  • The option of finding matches (possible multiple accounts of the same user, where fields match).
  • The option of deleting several accounts simultaneously, by ticking a box next to the user name and pressing a button at the end of the page to confirm the decision (that might be the one I need the most).
If there is already one of those mentioned options included, then sorry for my ignorance. I looked around and I haven't found anything. Could you please describe to me how to use it, then?

It would be really neat if some of these ideas could be considered in the development of Moodle. It would make some things much easier.

And thanks to all the people who contribute to Moodle!!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heike Ebelt

Re: Suggestion to improve Moodle (managing user accounts)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Heike,

I guess you've found the delete option in Administration > Users > Accounts > Bulk user actions where you can select users who haven't logged in since a certain date then delete all the accounts simultaneously?

Can you describe any other bulk user actions filters that you would find useful?