Why Moodle doesn't show PowerPoint?

Why Moodle doesn't show PowerPoint?

by Davi Costa -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everybody!
I am a newbie in this forum, so please forgive me if I am reapeting something already discussed.

I am having problems whith showing simple PowerPoint presentantions. I upload the slides, but they simply don't appear in the lesson, and I can't figure why this happens. Could it be a PHP error?

Here are two snapshot of what I am talking about:

snap1.png

snap2.png

I will be very grateful to hear from you!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Davi Costa

Re: Why Moodle doesn't show PowerPoint?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
I think you are talking about Importing a PowerPoint into a series of lesson pages. The screen shots you show, tell me it is working. You got an image on one page and you got some text on another page and a button that says continue. The problem is that is not exactly what or how you want it to worksmile

This subject is discussed many times in this forum. I think one thread has close to 100 posts in it.

Read the MoodleDoc page on Import PowerPoint. The key is SIMPLE PowerPoints. That page will give you links of examples that work. When you look at them you may decide that trying to import your kind of PowerPoints is a waste of time, you may end up creating a lesson but copying information from your powerpoint to a Lesson page.

I use Import PowerPoint as a quick way to set up a series of almost empty pages, sort of an outline. Then I add stuff to it.

I do not try to import my 10 slide PowerPoint that is a big file, filled with fantastic animated graphics, embedded video and other cool stuff. I want to, but I know that it will never work and I will spend more time trying to fix something broken, instead of just starting with an almost blank lesson page and start building it.

I have spent hours and hours going down the dark hole of tweaking my PowerPoint in hopes that maybe just this time it will do a better job of importing. Moral: if it is not simple, it will not import.

Best

Chris
In reply to Davi Costa

by Hartmut Scherer -
Hi Davi,

This doesn't answer your question but it may give you an alternative. I use Prezi at http://prezi.com for my presentations and embed the code into my lessons. It worked right away.

TIP: With shift and left mouse you can select multiple items temporarily and copy, resize or move them. Don't miss to watch some of the learning prezis.

With kind regards,

Hartmut
In reply to Davi Costa

by Luc Richard -
Davi.

(Again, not a direct answer to your question, but...)

You might want to consider using the Slide-casts.com plug-in. It allows you to show your PowerPoints in Moodle and add audio to each slide. The free plug-in can be downloaded here: http://www.slide-casts.com/moodle/
In reply to Luc Richard

by Jesse Diller -

However, note that Slide-casts is not compatible with Ver. 2.0.  compatibility may be forthcoming, but not currently available.

- Jesse