Installation of sharing_cart

Installation of sharing_cart

by Larry Johnson -
Number of replies: 8
I use php4 on godaddy, with the lastest Moodle 1.99+ Last weeks version.

I previously installed flv player and it didnt do what I wanted so I uninstalled it by the module X delete option. but didnt realize it did not remove the directory fla in the mod folder. So far no problems with moodle.

Today I was installing sharing_cart and when I went to notifications it was trying to install sharing_cart plus I noticed it was trying to install flvplayer (since I didnt delete the folder) (learning curve)

Well, it kinda hung up during this process and did not go any further. White screen at this point with no text.

I went to try to delete the sharing_cart and it wasnt listed in Moodle.

The flaplayer was listed so I deleted it, then I went into the directories and delete the folder of flaplayer and also sharing_cart.

Now when I go into a course and try to import questions, it goes to a white screen and stops. No messages etc.

I did a reinstall of moodle and overwritten my files like I do monthly, but it did not help or change anything.

I suspect the database might need editing, but am not sure. Probable traces of sharing_cart in there, but not sure.

The moodle is used all the time, but I dont want to loose anything.

We have backups of Moodle files, but the database is a couple of weeks old.

Any suggestion on how to get the import working?

Thanks,

Larry
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Johnson

Re: Installation of sharing_cart

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is probably nothing to do with flv player. If you forget to delete the files then the module will simply be reinstalled.

The next step with all "white screen of death" problems is the turn on Debugging and rerun the install. Hopefully you will see some errors.

I'd never heard of sharing cart but I do note that the docs only mention support up to 1.9.7 so you might want to check with the maintainer if 1.9.9 is supported.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Larry Johnson -
I turned on debugging ALL , showed nothing, turned it on Developer, again nothing.

this is the path of the white screen of death.

mywebsite.com/moodle/question/import.php?courseid=156

When I go to other courses, same white screen.

but when I go to export, i do get the tabs of questions, categories, import and export and the rest is white screen.

Since I reinstalled moodle after this error and had it overwrite the files, does this mean the error is in the database?

Need help bad on this one.

Thanks,

by Larry Johnson -

With debugging on and also the show checked, it gave this error when I went to questions and then clicked on the inport tab

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/c/r/c/crcpar/html/moodle/question/format.php on line 786

What do you think?

Thanks,

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yep. It's a bug.

There's some code in there that is incompatible with PHP4. Just spotted it.

MDL-23560
In reply to Howard Miller

by Larry Johnson -
Thanks for the update, I installed it and tried to re-install the sharing_cart and it gave this error when I went to Navagation

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/c/r/c/crcpar/html/moodle/blocks/sharing_cart/block_sharing_cart.php on line 121

Here is a section of that code. Line 121 highlighted. See attached file also.

$js_post = $courseScript->addLoadEvent('sharing_cart.init();', true);

$footer_html = '';
$footers = sharing_cart_plugins::get_footers();
if (!empty($footers)) {
foreach ($footers as &$footer) {
$footer = '<div style="margin-top:4px; border-top:1px dashed; padding-top:1px;">'
. $footer
. '</div>';
}
$footer_html = implode('', $footers);
}

$this->content = new stdClass;
$this->content->text = $js_import
. $js_pre
. $text;
$this->content->footer = '<div id="sharing_cart_header">'
. self::get_header_icons()
. implode('', sharing_cart_plugins::get_headers())
. helpbutton('sharing_cart', $this->title, 'block_sharing_cart', true, false, '', true)
. '</div>'
. $footer_html
. $js_post;

return $this->content;
}

Thanks,

by Larry Johnson -
I know that there is probable something not compatable with moodle now. Since I tried to install this. IS there a way to reverse the mess?

If so, what do I need to do. We need the import working bad.!! thanks,