Which students have read a particular post

Which students have read a particular post

by Carl R. Christiansen -
Number of replies: 6
Lets say I posted an importand message I wanted everybody to read.

Is there a function where I can get a report on which student has, and has not, read a particular forum post?

c!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl R. Christiansen

Re: Which students have read a particular post

by Itamar Tzadok -
If you put the message in a resource and in the forum post a link to that resource, you should be able to see who has and has not visited that resource in the Participation report in the course reports. smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: Which students have read a particular post

by Itamar Tzadok -
In principle you can see in the logs (in the course reports) whether a student has viewed a particular post but if you use this approach you will have to somehow filter the log entries to get a clean list of users for a particular post and that may not be straightforward. smile
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Svar: Re: Which students have read a particular post

by Carl R. Christiansen -
Thanks for the reply.

Exporting the logs to Excel, and then using the filter function, actually shows me who has read what. Unfortunatly a manual and cumbersome process that has to be done per forum post - but it works.

However it only shows me who has read a particular post, not those who have'nt read it.

Any input?

c!

Re: Svar: Re: Which students have read a particular post

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I hate to be pedantic (well, not really) but it actually only shows you who clicked on the post. It can't tell you if they read it (or understood it, even).

This falls into a little set of requests that come up every so often that doesn't really take into account how the web works. I would be interested to know *why* you want this information in case there is a better way.

Re: Svar: Re: Which students have read a particular post

by Itamar Tzadok -
Yes, see the resource approach above. smile