Problem in the Moodle Statistics

Problem in the Moodle Statistics

by Ali Arekat -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everybody,

I would appreciate it so much if you help me in solving the following problem; I am facing a problem with my moodle system that we use at our university. We face a problem with the statistics at the Reports category since 4 months ago and it stills. The problem is when I want a Statistics report the following message appears "There is no available data for that combination of course and time period". I asked about this problem via this forum and I was told that I should run the cron file to solve the problem. I did that and there is not any problem at the cron file everything is OK in it and I run it and still face the problem. Moreover I downloaded the latest version of moodle to use at my system and nothing happened.

Best Regards,

Ali,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Arekat

Re: Problem in the Moodle Statistics

by Emanuel Delgado -
Hello Ali,

I know this is pretty basic stuff but did you check your statistics configurations under
Server » Statistics?

In this page you must have the field Enable statisctics checked to inform the cron that it must calculate the statistics.

With this and the cron running fine, I don't see any reason for not having reports.

I hope this information may help you.

ED
In reply to Emanuel Delgado

by Ali Arekat -

Hello Emanuel,

This field is already enabled. When I run the cron file it count the statistics for that day then next day the system stops donig that !!

Thanks for your concern,

Ali,

In reply to Ali Arekat

by Emanuel Delgado -
Hello again,

Are you sure that the cron is running periodically?
Have you tried to send the cronjob result to a log and verify the output?
The symptoms you describe indicates that the cronjob that execute cron.php may not be runing properly.

ED