Viewing and Grading Subset of Students

Viewing and Grading Subset of Students

by d morte -
Number of replies: 1
I've been researching the parent role as well as groups and am coming up a bit short on what I'd like to do.

Ideally, I would like a role that can view/grade only a particular subset of students.

For example, I would like to have a single instance of a course, say Biology. Biology then has four groups - team A, team B, team C, and team D. I would like for Teacher A to be able to see and grade only the submissions from team A. Is this possible?

The parent role can view the grades of a subset of students, but this role is lacking in that it can not see the specifics of an assignment or quiz submission, nor can it do the grading of an assignment/quiz.

The groups function does not seem to prevent a particular user/role from viewing the grades of everyone.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to d morte

Re: Viewing and Grading Subset of Students

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Drew

While I have not tested this, I sure that if you change the permission called Access all groups [moodle/site:accessallgroup] for that required role you can achieve what you're after.

Teachers by default are Allowed to Access all groups but it sounds like you might like to change this to 'Prevent' for this instance. You will need to make sure the teacher has the correct group membership!

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa